Feeling like having cake for breakfast? You have to give this baked oatmeal recipe a try!
Warm, sweet and chewy, it simply feels like a hug in a bowl. It will also keep you full for longer and provide all the energy you need to face the day. Can be eaten warm from the oven or you can make a big batch to be served cold or popped in the microwave before serving.
It has all the amazing, wholesome ingredients and is super easy to prepare. The cake-like texture of this baked oatmeal, together with the incredible smell in your kitchen will make your breakfast better than ever, guaranteed!
- half cup (60g) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- half tsp baking powder
- half tsp cinnamon
- pinch of good quality salt
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- half cup plant milk or regular milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add grated apple, raisins, sweetener and milk to the bowl with oat mixture. Give it a good stir.
- Transfer the mixture to one big or two smaller baking molds. If there there is any excess liquid pour it into the molds too, it will all get absorbed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, let cool a bit, top with a splash of greek or coconut yogurt, some extra cinnamon, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and fresh fruit of choice (optional).