Just because we want a treat, doesn’t mean we need it to be completely processed. This dark chocolate treat can be stored in your freezer and is a super tasty snack when you’ve got that sweet tooth. The best thing is that it’s completely adjustable to your own tastes. Want it less sweet? Use less dried fruit. Don’t like marshmallows? Replace them with a chunk of frozen banana or (if you want to be really decadent) some liquor twisted ice cream (mix some of your favourite liquor like baileys/Cointreau/frangelico into some ice cream and dollop small amounts into the chocolate mix). Or add some peanut/almond butter for creaminess and protein.
400g of dark chocolate of your choosing
Dried fruit of your choice- I like cranberries, raisins & goji berries
Himalayan sea salt or any other high quality salt
Baking tray- Preferably shallow and less than 30cm x10
1. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler
(Put some water into a pot and another bowl over the top, not touching the water, then put on a high heat, put the chocolate into the bowl and stir as the chocolate melts.)
2. Line baking tray with baking paper.
3. Roughly chop up 3-5 Tbsps of dried fruit
4. For that textural satisfaction, cut up some marshmallows into fingernail sized bits
5. Add marshmallows and dried fruit to the baking tray, evenly spreading them across.
6. Pour the dark chocolate into the tray covering all ingredients
7. For a yummy salted chocolate finish, you can sprinkle 1-2 Tsp salt while the chocolate is still warm
8. After 1-2 hours, take the tin out of the freezer and cut into small portion sizes. Then place back into the fridge to set for a further 4-6 hours
That’s literally it- so easy & fast
I hope you enjoy this yummy chocolate snack as much as I did!