These bars are incredibly easy to make, and pack a protein punch.
It took about 10 minutes to throw these bars together. After another 30 or so in the freezer, they were ready to go! I also discovered they work well when crumbled up over a serving of Oatmeal Cookie Halo Top!
I doubled the below recipe and ended up with 16 bars, so I had plenty to share throughout the week. My roommates loved them.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes in freezer or overnight in the fridge
Servings: About 8
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats (option to use gluten-free)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter this time!)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Vanilla flavor)
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper – make sure the edges hang over the pan for an easy removal and clean up
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, oats, chocolate chips and salt and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond extract, nut butter, maple syrup, and protein powder. Mix with a spatula until fully combined
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine. (I used my hands – a bit messy, but super effective for combining ingredients!)
- Place mix in pan and press out flat. (I used my hands and a wooden spoon) Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from pan – should be an easy removal thanks to the parchment paper – place on a cutting board, and cut into squares. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.