Want a cake that won’t make you feel guilty after eating it? This chocolate cake is perfect in every way. It looks delicious, it has a moist texture, and it tastes amazing. Even your friends who may not usually eat healthy or like healthy treats, won’t notice if you don’t tell them because it’s so moist and chocolatey. This is the perfect recipe to make for dessert for a dinner party or for an afternoon tea- it is always a winner.
- 1/2 cup of Spelt flour
- 1.5 cups of Almond meal
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup of Rice Malt syrup
- ½ cup of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 4 heaped tbsp Coconut oil (or greek yoghurt)
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cacao powder
- 3 dates
- 3 tbs of hot water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until coconut oil has completely melted and combined with the rice malt syrup.
- Add eggs, almond milk and mixture from the saucepan to the dry mixture. Stir until combined.
- Line medium sized cake tin with baking paper and pour in cake mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While cake is in the oven add all icing ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Leave cake for 15 minutes to cool before icing the cake.