These are one of my favourite, go-to snacks; the protein ball!
You can make a batch of them at the start of the week and snack on them for the whole week… if they last that long!
Full of good fats, high in protein and low on carbs; these really are the perfect snack!
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter (i.e. no added salt or sugar!)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup rolled oats*
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- (optional) ¼ cup cacao nibs
- (optional) 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- (if needed) 2 – 4 teaspoons of water
* If your goal is to lose weight, instead of adding in rolled oats, add in another half a cup of shredded coconut.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a bowl. Microwave until slightly runny then stir to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- If the mixture isn’t holding together, add in 2 – 4 teaspoons of water.
- Make the balls by rolling a tablespoon of mixture into a ball shape with your hands.
- Place them in an air tight container in the fridge, they will last up to 7 days.